The Grommet Wholesale is seeking a full-time Account Manager, responsible for supporting and growing our retailer base by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our retailers large and small, particularly Ace Hardware stores. This is a role where the title may be straightforward, but your day to day will be anything but.
You’ll join a rapidly growing “start-up within a start-up”, becoming the eighth member of our team as we crisscross the country meeting small brick and mortar retailers, supporting their Grommet products and programs, and building relationships with new Ace Hardware stores. As a small team, everyone wears several different hats and we expect you to be no different. This role is best suited for someone who loves every day being completely different, looks forward to leaving their mark on a fast growing team, bring forward new ways of thinking about challenges, and has a fun personality. You should be comfortable living on the edge of uncertainty, think both inside and outside the box, own the responsibilities, and enjoy helping to build a team and a business unit from the ground up.
- Upsell existing customers on new and additional programs to bring merchandise into their stores
- Responsible for identifying new customers based on proven sales metrics
- Account Management
- Serve as a main point of contact for Ace Hardware Retailers
- Must be both proactive and reactive in retailer communication
- Troubleshoot and resolve any order issues by working directly with Grommet Makers to ensure Retailer satisfaction
- Well versed in product catalog to make product recommendations, assist with Retailer education, as well as upselling and cross selling
- Work and meet with Key Accounts to ensure purchase orders are executed fully and delivered according to the necessary requirements
- Trade Show and Event Planning and Operations
- Coordinate marketing and programs around instore events to improve sell through
- Support The Grommet Wholesale’s trade show programs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business related field
- High attention to detail and strong organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with comfort communicating and presenting in person, via phone, or email
- Self motivated and independent
- Comfort with regular travel and working weekends, depending on the time of year, travel may account for ~25% of the role and may include lifting and assembling pieces of a trade show booth
- Experience using Salesforce, exhibiting at trade shows, and/or work in retail a plus
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Culture of mentorship and learning – exposure to the start-up industry in Boston and an opportunity to learn through frequent information and expertise sharing, event-attendance, and presentations by our team members
- Incredible space about a 5 minute walk from Davis Square
- Yearly Bonus Incentive plan based on performance
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How did you hear about The Grommet?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What your ideal career path is over the next few years?
- Why you are suited to work in a start up?